Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wishes to Goals

They say that an unrecorded goal is only a wish. Well, I am now putting one of my major goals for the year down on record. In July, Leanne and I are going to stand on the top of the Grand Teton.
My other goal is to be 185 lbs when I do it. It is a shorter hike than that of Mt. Whitney from our 2011 hike, but I understand the terrain is much more taxing on your body.  The last bit of the trip consists of technical climbing with rope and protection, so in addition to getting my body in shape I have been sharpening my climbing and rope management skills. This picture shows the route we will take to the top. 
When you see me, ask me how my training is going. I need to stick with it if I want to be able to tick off this goal.


No comments: